- Significant expertise in Cyber Security Operations and expert experience in one or more areas of Cyber Security: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis or Operating System Security, Forensics, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Hunting, or Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- 3+ years leading a cyber security operations effort (SOC/watch floor, threat hunting team, forensic team, etc.)
- Exposure in at least one of the following: technical instruction, coaching/mentoring, conference speaking, on-the-job training.
- Leadership – Ability to use personal skills to guide and inspire individuals/groups towards achieving goals. Ability to manage people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching.
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber security consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students on technical material and applications.
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior problems.
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs, creates practice opportunities during the training session.
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Education, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field or commensurate experience.
Travel Required: Up to 50% travel may be required.
- Demonstrated acumen working directly with government customers
- Ability to perform needs analysis and use them to direct contract outcomes
- Ability to establish and maintain high levels of professional conduct
- Skilled at setting clear objectives and targets
- Experience in proposal writing
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively and consistently
- Technical awareness of common operating system internals, network packet capturing tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner and other relevant tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage.
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Current and active TS/SCI Clearance strongly preferred.
Focal Point is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Chelsea Campbell at 813-402-1208 or email@example.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation