Focal Point Academy provides technical training courses in week-long immersive sessions that take place in a small class environment of 15-20 students. Our goal is for students to leave with honed, cutting-edge skills they can immediately apply in their daily work. In our comprehensive, lab-intensive courses, students will master not just new tools and tricks, but also a repeatable methodology that they can employ for years to come. Students can expect to be challenged and leave as more skilled and marketable professionals.
The Reverse Engineering Instructor will develop, maintain and deliver advanced reverse engineering and malware analysis training to our clients. They will have extensive subject matter expertise along with proven training & curriculum development experience, and be motivated to provide a high-quality learning experience. Against a backdrop of constantly changing technologies and threats, they will research trends and techniques in the reverse engineering field in order to provide cutting-edge training curriculum.
• Conducts five-day instructor-led training in various skill levels of reverse engineering and
• Conducts course development and course curriculum maintenance under the supervision of the
Director of Education to ensure training programs are up to date and meeting clients’ needs.
• Develops custom software and tools to meet course objectives.
• Pursues advanced training, attends technical conferences and demonstrates technical
development to keep their skills and subject matter expertise up to date.
• Conducts or Leads individual and group research on reverse engineering topics for publication or
• Researches future direction of reverse engineering and malware analysis field and brings to the
attention of the Director of Education new topics or courses relevant to current and future
• Identifies skill level of participants and aligns delivery of course material to match individual
• Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful
• Deploys, maintains and secures classroom equipment and materials in facilities around the globe.
• Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the Continental United States.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Experience with live technical presentations, preferably in conducting and maintaining classroom
based technical training.
• Minimum 3 years of demonstrated expertise with in-depth reverse engineering of software and
• Minimum 2 years experience developing tools in any programming language, preferably C or
• Experience in kernel development and/or debugging in Windows or Linux
• Prefer Candidate willing to apply or has and maintains a Top Secret Security Clearance (TS/SCI).
• Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber security consulting and
• High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students
on technical material and applications.
• Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time
available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior
• Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction,
administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
• Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help
trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs,
creates practice opportunities during the training session.
• Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
• Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients,
from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to
complete projects and other business deliverables.
• Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
• Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve
the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
• Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention
• Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively,
efficiently and on time.
• Self Reliant: Ability to work autonomously to accomplish project goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Technology or Cyber Security, or 4-6 years equivalent experience.
• Information Security Professional with significant experience and background in cyber security.
• Exceptional effective classroom communication skills.
• Technical awareness of common operating system internals, and reverse engineering tools and
• Proficient in Intel IA_32 and x86_64 Assembly language, as well as another higher level language
such as C or Python.
• Experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro and IDAPython
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems including console/terminal usage.
• Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
• Experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel,
Travel Required: Moderate travel will be required.